Description: The candidate will provide application development Cloud Architecture and services specific to cloud hosting requirements at the SME level within the sponsor’s applications offerings. The candidate will maintain an build technical working relationships with customer positioning the team to innovate new approaches to service solutions. They will produce software prototypes to demonstrate application of design. They will monitor trends in system architecture and software development and engineering; design, develop, deploy and support software code as cloud solutions. They will provide architectural guidance by designing the project software and application solutions consistent with the strategic direction of the Sponsor and industry. The Application Architect will support O&M of approximately 35 active application. The work requires advanced understanding of emerging cloud based technologies, industry trends and directions and relevant security requirements to follow courses of innovation. They will work closely with the sponsor’s project management office, group and directorate leadership officers to explain and pitch technology to audience understanding. The host team size is approximately 30 expert, most of which are cloud technology trained, a supporting PMO, Technical Director, and lead staff manager. Collaboration with other franchised applications teams is common place and encouraged to leverage the best approaches and borrowing of expertise to meet significant mission challenges.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience deploying applications using Amazon Web Services.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience evaluating new technologies and communicating their benefits.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience creating DevOps environment.
4. Demonstrated Architected solutions to solve complex, ETL, search, high availability and database hosting solutions.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with DevOps tools similar to Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet.
6. Current active TS/SCI w/Poly required
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing search solutions (like Solr) within cloud-based environments.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience assisting Application Developers and System Administrators to achieve working solutions within sponsor’s cloud infrastructure.
4. Demonstrated experience creating AWS Cloud Formation templates to establish repeatable environments inside the sponsor’s commercial cloud services.
Certifications: Amazon Solutions Architect Certification, BS Degree in Computer Science.